Hi, I'm Nadia, your typical girl who will eventually become an insane cat lady who eats food all day and completely trashes kids in video games. Back in the day I stuck out like a sore thumb in the girl world because i wasn't really into dolls and rather "rassle" in the mud all day with the boys but alas my English teacher Ms.Santos loves to remind me of those days without dollies by introducing us to the play "A Dolls House" by Henrik Ibsen. You see the thing is English has gotten pretty boring to me throughout the year (Sorry Ms.Santos) but, I believe this play will reignite our flame. Now that i think about it though, my writing and conversation skills have both improved but, we still have a long way to go.
Here is a little biography on the author of the wonderful play "A Dolls House". Henrik Ibsen was born on March 20, 1828, in Skien, Norway. His father was a successful merchant and his mother painted, played the piano and loved to go to the theater. At 15, Ibsen stopped school and went to work. In 1862, he was exiled to Italy, where he wrote the tragedy Brand. In 1868, Ibsen moved to Germany, where he wrote one of his most famous works: the play A Doll's House. In 1890, he wrote Hedda Gabler, creating one of theater's most notorious characters. By 1891, Ibsen had returned to Norway a literary hero. Unlike many other writers and poets, Ibsen had a long and seemingly happy marriage to Suzannah Daae Thoresen. He died on May 23, 1906, in Oslo, Norway.
One Hot Man am I right ladies?
Since the title of the play is "A Dolls House" I think we can all infer this play will be a kids story about dolls. I think not, let me remind you we are in 10th grade English it is never that simple. I believe that the play will be based on a person who is very manipulative with the people in their life. Hence how a child can manipulate a dolls actions and "life", I think a theme in the story will definitely be power and the "dolls" are a symbol of the ones being controlled.
I'm so excited to read "A Dolls House"

Question Of The Day
What do you think the story will be about? Leave me your predictions and thoughts in the comments below.
Work Cited
http://www.biography.com/people/henrik-ibsen-37014
That gif is killing me. Hilarious. But why are the Barbies on fire? #worried
ReplyDeleteThis is DEFINITELY a very interesting and creative way to approach such a difficult novel such as A Doll's House. Definitely A+ platinum blogger material. I look forward for further updates on this young blogger's take on this wonderous novel.
ReplyDelete