Yo, this is my Act 3 alternate ending for "A Doll's House" by Henrik Ibsen, ENJOY!
(Nora leaves Torvald, Meanwhile Krogstad is visiting Mrs. Linde at her home.)
[Stage lights up, Krogstad and Kristina are in her kitchen]
Mrs. Linde: Oh Krogstad you are the same gentle hearted man I knew you always were, it was very kind of you to return the bond back to the Helmers.
Krogstad: [Grabs Mrs. Linde's hands] I knew you would be the person to understand what i have done is not evil but only an attempt to try climbing back up the social ladder.
Mrs. Linde: Let us have a cup of tea and talk though all the years we have missed!
[There is a knock on Mrs.Linde's door. Mrs. Linde enters the foyer with a capricious tone]

Mrs. Linde: Who could it be at this hour? [To krogstad] We will talk when they leave! [opens door]
Nora: [Bursting in] Kristina! I really am in need of a place to stay, I have left Torvald because I have learned I am nothing more than a "Dolly wife" to him.
Krogstad: [entering the foyer] Oh dear, this is all my fault I must fix it.
Mrs. Linde: [To Krogstad] I should have let you take to letter out of the box.
Nora: No, honestly I must thank you both, this has enlightened me to the happiness I have missed out on in my long marriage with a corrupt man. He said his honor can only go so far but he will not sacrifice it for his own wife! Now that is a crime that needs apologizing. [To Mrs. Linde] Tomorrow I need you to fetch my stuff for me at Mr. Helmer's house please. Also, check on my children tell them that mommy loves them and that they are in good hands with Nanny, for she raised someone who's heart and mind are large from her upbringing. After staying here for a week then I shall leave and start a new life hopefully one filled with happiness, lessons, and lots of macaroons!
[Stage dims and everyone exits]

My favorite Gossip Girl character (Blair)
(A year has passed and Nora has a new job as a seamstress and lives alone with a cat.)
[Stage lights up and Nora is at work knitting a blanket for her cat.]
Nora; Oh Torvalt, you are such a good cat this blanket is all for you!
Torvalt: Meow [Then makes a tumultuous noise]
[There is a soft knock at the door, Nora rises from her chair and answers it]
Nora: Oh my goodness, this can't be!
Rank: Oh but it is my dear Nora, I know you are shocked but I can explain my sudden appearance and wellness.
[Nora nods and closes the door]
Nora: Please sit. Isn't it ironic that I have become a seamstress! One thing I could never do. [Patting her couch]
Rank: [Sitting] How funny. Well here is my story. To start off about a week after I had left your house a very good friend of mine who was researching multiple illnesses had contacted me and informed me he had found a way to give me more time to live.
Nora: [Interrupting] Oh Rank, I cannot suppress the happiness I have right now!
Rank: Anyway, I was so excited that I immediately thought of you and how i had to give you and Torvald the good news, but as I arrived he had told me you had left him and were at Mrs. Linde's home, thus I could not share my good news when my friend had such despair. Therefore I told him we will talk in the soon future and left to Mrs. Linde's house to find you.
Nora: But Rank why didn't I see you earlier then?
Rank: [Hanging his head] You see, by the time I had gotten there you had left, and I decided to stave from you to give time to heal from your broken heart til I find you again. But just as I did then, I still love you Nora [Looks Nora in the eyes] and would give my body and soul to be with you.
Nora: [Staring Rank back in the eyes] The funny thing is...I love you too.
[They both smile and the stage dims. All exit]
Question Of The Day
Doesn't everyone love a romantic ending?
Did you like my ending?

Actual picture of Torvalt (Nora's cat)
Torvalt, lol. I thought Nora was very in character, especially as she burst into the scene with Krogstad and Kristina. She just assumes that Kristina will let her stay, fetch her stuff, and say all her goodbyes for her. It is very similar to her belief throughout the play that her friends and family would do anything for her, no questions asked. I like the return of Rank, and I love the pictures :)
ReplyDeleteNice job! I enjoyed reading your alternate ending. You depicted the characters well and it all ties together with the story itself.
ReplyDeleteVery optimistic I must say. There is a distinct quality of compassion and sentiment to your alternate ending which I found quite appealing. All the characters (except Torvald) come together to be satisfied and content.
ReplyDeleteI commented on Eli D, Emily P, Hannah Q, and Gordon G.
ReplyDeleteI liked that Dr. Rank was added into you're ending. I honestly didn't like that his character was just removed from the ending by him hiding himself. You're ending allowed his character to be "reintroduced" lol. Great Job !
ReplyDelete